Define the terms “culture” and “cultural norms”. (8)
Define (8) – Precise meaning of a word, phrase concept or physical quantity.
- Dynamic system of rules, implicit or explicit, established by a social group.
- Surface culture (Visible, Explicit)
Music, Clothing, Food
- Deep culture (Invisible, Implicit)
Emotions, Beliefs, Expressions
- Behaviour typical to the specific cultural group.
- Observational (social) learning
- Rules within the deep culture
- “Gatekeepers” (e.g. the media) keep the cultural norms in place.